Today I have two cards featuring Penny Black’s Resplendent.
The first design is all about color and creating a varnished faux wood element and the second is a study in layers of white with a pop of color.
This is the lovely and elegant stamp..
- A square card base was created from Dark Blue Lagoon cardstock.
- A panel of Light Blue Lagoon cardstock stamped with Paisley in Teal Zeal Memento ink and a thin black strip were elevated on top. The same ink and a sponge dauber were used to add highlights to the edges of the card.
- After Resplendent was stamped on white cardstock with Onyx Black VersaFine and heat embossed with clear powder the image was die cut with Spellbinders Labels Three. The entire piece was colored with Copics.
- For the varnished faux wood, all the light tan areas were colored with a white Prismacolor pencil. Thin black lines were then added with a Micron pen. Peanut Brittle Memento ink was pounced on top using a dab, dab then “smoosh” method. The black ink lines are meant to blur slightly, but "smooshing" on every application will cause too much distortion. The entire piece was then pounced with VersaMark Watermark ink and heat set with clear powder. The image was heat embossed with clear powder two more times.
- A die cut from black cardstock that was softly inked with Delicata Golden Glitz was used to mat the piece.
- The finished element was attached to the front of the card with dimensional foam tape.
- A square card base was created from white cardstock.
- After the piece was matted with black cardstock it was attached to the front of the card with dimensional foam.
- Resplendent was stamped twice on white cardstock with Onyx Black VersaFine and heat embossed with clear powder. The images were colored, trimmed and edged by applying Gold StazOn with a Fantastix.
- The main flower was attached with dimensional foam and the flower head from the second image was used as an additional elevated element.
Tip/Hint: Take your favorite patterned papers and give them a unique twist by stamping another pattern on top. (As shown with the Script Foil White paper stamped with Damask Pattern in Card #2)
Happy Spring …
Penny Black Papers: Script Foil White 60-005
3M Scotch: Dimensional Foam Tape
Prismacolor: White Pencil
Sakura: Black Micron Pen
Spellbinders: Labels Three (S4-189)
Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine, Teal Zeal Memento, Peanut Brittle Memento, Gold StazOn, Delicata Golden Glitz, Fantastix, Jumbo Sponge Dauber, Clear Embossing Powder