The best part about creating a card is having the ability to personalize it for the recipient.
A few words (to our and niece) from Word Express were combined with the sentiment and image from What’s Cooking to create this customized greeting.
Create this card in 6 steps:
- Stamp the pattern from Puzzle Parts on Summer Sun cardstock with Persimmon VersaMagic. Highlight the edges with Purple Hydrangea VersaMagic.
- Stamp the cat slightly overhanging the edge with black ink.
- Mat with Fuchsia Fantasies cardstock and attach to a white card base with dimensional foam.
- Stamp the cat twice on a separate piece of white cardstock with black ink and heat emboss with clear powder. Color one full image and the cat paws with the book from the second image. Trim with scissors.
- Create a banner from white cardstock and stamp with personalized sentiments.
- Using the cat stamped on the yellow cardstock for placement, attach the trimmed cat on top with the sentiment banner tucked in between. Add the fussy cut book for an additional elevated accent.
Tip/Hint: Stamping the cat image prior to attaching the trimmed pieces allows the whiskers to show and eliminates the need to fussy cut them on the trimmed image.
Design Extras: Rounded top, right corner and hand-drawn heart
Penny Black Mix & Match Papers: Storm 01-001, Fuchsia Fantasies 13-003, Summer Sun 17-002
Dimensional Foam: 3M Scotch & EK Success
Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine, Persimmon VersaMagic, Hydrangea VersaMagic, Sponge Daubers, Clear Embossing Powder