September 30, 2010

Holly Tag

Today I have another holiday tag to share with you which was fashioned into a small card so a personal message could be included.



The holly tag is from the Christmas Giving set by Penny Black.  I kept the design crisp and clean and focused on the ribbon as my main focal point.

I began by stamping the holly twice with black Memento ink on a separate piece of white cardstock.  I colored one full impression and the ribbon/berries on the second impression with Copic markers.  Before I colored the ribbon and bow, I added some stripes with a black pen.  After I completed the coloring, I trimmed the images.  I like to edge all my cut pieces with a black marker.  It really makes the edges look sharp and defined.





The main image is attached with dimensional foam and the additional bow/berry accent was bent a little then attached with glue.  To accent the berries, I applied red stickles then sprinkled red glitter on top.  After the stickles dried, I brushed off the excess glitter and added a small black dot with a black Glaze pen.  The pink stripes on the ribbon were colored with a sparkle Gelly Roll pen.  Glossy Accents or red gemstones would be other fun ways to highlight the berries too!


Thanks for visiting.

Elizabeth