September 20, 2010

The Very First Day


Welcome Everyone!

This is an exciting day for me – my first post on my new blog!

If you are meeting me for the first time, this is how my journey began...... 
Since childhood, I have been fascinated with paper and over the years this fascination grew into a passion for rubber stamping and paper crafting. I began teaching classes in 2003 while working full-time and in 2005 my love of art inspired me to pursue my passion full-time.

My creative adventures now include creating artwork and writing articles for magazine submissions, teaching and being a Penny Black Design Team Member.
I hope my blog inspires others as so many have inspired me and everyone takes a moment to find the artist within themselves.
To celebrate, I thought it would be fun to kick off my first day of blogging with a giveaway to inspire everyone to begin thinking about Halloween.

***Blog Candy***

For a chance to win this fabulous set of Penny Black stamps, simply leave a comment (one per person) on today’s post.  To give the lucky person lots of time to create some “spooktacular” greetings, I will randomly choose the winner from this post's comments on October 1 or when 100 comments have been received - whichever comes first!


Here is a card I created with the Back-Seat Witch.  That name makes me laugh! You may have spotted this card on the Penny Black website.  What an honor to have it displayed on their home page!

I stamped the flying hedgehogs on a separate piece of paper then colored them.  After trimming the image, I layered it on the front of the card with dimensional foam tape.

Rubbing coordinating ink on the edges of the yellow and green cardstock pieces adds a nice glow effect too.

I also used Halloween Web and Creep Crawly.
I hope you will continue to visit my “studio” and enjoy all kinds of artwork, tips, videos and inspiration.
I know how precious time is and I appreciate you spending some of yours in my studio.
With heartfelt thanks,
Elizabeth