October 11, 2010

Jump Into Fall

Today the Design Team at Penny Black was challenged with a theme - Focus on Fall.  The things I thought of first were the beautiful colors of the season and as little kids how much my brother and I loved jumping into piles of raked leaves.

I decided to alter the "Celebrating Snow" image to fit today's theme and capture my childhood memory.


This is the original stamp image.


This is my finished design.
I made a frame using Spellbinders' Square Nestabilities and stamped the Scroll Pattern with Vintage Photo Distress ink.  Then I rubbed Antique Linen Distress ink on top to blend and soften the image.

I converted three Christmas stamp designs to fit the scene:  Snow Dust was stamped with VersaMagic Niagara Mist ink after a sky background in Tumbled Glass Distress ink was added.  Celebrating Snow was stamped on a separate piece of cardstock, colored with Copic markers and trimmed.  The texture on the grass is from the falling snow on the Here Comes Christmas stamp which was inked with Memento Bamboo Leaves.



The leaves are from Joyful Thanksgiving.  I stamped the leaves with Memento Cantaloupe ink.  I wanted just enough of an outline of the design to trim the images then I added the variegated color with Copic markers.


The sentiment is from Say It In Flowers.  By stamping the greeting with Memento Black ink I was able to add the blue highlighting with a Copic marker and didn't have to worry about the ink smearing.

You can see that I used dimensional foam tape under the frame, hedgehog and grass to give the scene more depth and pop out the images.  The brown polka dot ribbon is from American Crafts.

If you would like to see the other fall designs created by the Penny Black Design Team, you can see them posted here.

If you have any questions about my artwork or need additional information, please feel free to contact me at elizabeth.a.allan@gmail.com.

Enjoy your day!

Elizabeth