November 3, 2010

Together....Always

Today I was thinking about scrapbooking. 

My good friend Heather is a great photographer.  Whenever I have a project that I need a photo for she is the first person I call.  She has three beautiful daughters and a vast collection of pictures that she always lets me look through.

This is a picture of her daughter, Kelby, with their family dog, Josie.  I instantly fell in love with this picture and asked her if she would mind if I used it to scrapbook a page.  I originally created this layout for Scrap & Stamp Arts (March 2010), but wanted to share it with you here to show how I incorporated rubber stamping into the design.


(All stamps by Penny Black)


Everything on this page was created with rubber stamps!  I used two different sets of alphabet stamps - Kate Text Uppercase (20-005) to create the Always sentiment and Robust Lowercase (30-002) for the letters that spell "Together”.  To make the chipboard letters, I stamped the letters with VersaMark Watermark ink on dark brown cardstock and heat embossed them with clear powder then trimmed.  The “…Special Treasurers” (3629H) sentiment is one of my favorite greetings that I use for many different occasions and really captured the feeling of this photograph. 


The ribbon band that stretches across the page was distressed with Tim Holtz’s Antique Linen and Vintage Photo inks then stamped with the Damask (3861H) in Habanero VersaFine ink.  

The concentric dot circles and the sentiments bordering the teal cardstock are from the transparent set called Sentiments (30-025).  These clear images made it fast and easy to align the design to make my own patterns. 


To balance off the design and give the page some visual weight at the bottom, I stamped “Quite Dandy” (3623K) with VersaMark Watermark ink and heat embossed with clear powder.


Here is a coordinating card using some of the same materials and stamps.


I hope this inspires you to use your stamps to accent your photographs in a layout or two. 

I love when you stop by to visit and chat.  Thank you so much!

Elizabeth