December 31, 2010

A Little Pink Purse

Recently Penny Black challenged their design team to create a shaped card and I couldn't resist using this template I designed for a little purse.


Finished Size:  4 1/8 x 4


After tracing the template "here" on white cardstock and trimming, I added color with a sponge dauber and Tsukineko's Angel Pink and Lilac Posies Memento inks.  I used Judi Kins Eclipse Tape to mask off and protect areas while I worked on different parts of the purse.  Staedtler's Watercolor Pencils were used to highlight the flowers along with a Sparkle Gelly Roll pen.

The handle was colored with a Copic Marker (110).  Since the ink is so rich and soaked through the cardstock, I also colored the handle from the backside.  The handle looks just as nice from the back as it does from front.  Then I added Glossy Accents to give the handle an acrylic look.

I hid a tiny magnet under the flower closure and the inside sentiment to hold the card closed. 

Here is a view of the card opened:



I used an assortment of Penny Black stamps for the patterned paper, closure and sentiment.  The rose is from the transparent set Stuck on You (30-062), and the little round closure disk is a part of Butterfly-Kissed (4124K)You Make Me Smile (3637B) is one of my favorite sentiments.  It fits almost any occasion.  All these stamps are part of the new Amour 2011 catalog.  If you haven't seen the new designs be sure to take a peek.

If you like shaped cards, check out Denise's Hedgehopper "here" and Kathy's I Love You "here".  Plus, there is more to come as the other wonderfully talented design members showcase their shaped cards in upcoming Penny Black Blog posts.

Thank you for making this year extra special for me as you warmly welcomed me into the world of blogging with so many of your visits and comments.  I appreciate each and every one!! 

Wishing you a Happy New Year,
Elizabeth