January 10, 2011

Merci

This little "Merci" greeting was made from some small bits of artwork that I had on my craft table.  I like how the monochromatic tone added to the simple elegance of the design.



I have been enjoying Tsukineko's line of metallic StazOn inks.  They're great for creating custom metallic cardstocks.  For this silver matting, I rubbed the metallic ink pad directly on white cardstock.  The ink dries very quickly and keeps its luster.


An extra Eiffel Tower adds some dimension to the greeting while the heart adds a punch of color.  My favorite Copic combination for blending reds is:  R24, R27, R29 and R39.  The gray shading is a blend of W2 and W3.



This is a closer view of the embossed vellum used on the background.  I flipped the vellum over so it had a "de-embossed" look and then sprayed it with Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz.  I captured a little bit of the sparkle in the photo, but this is one of those cards that you need to see "in person" to get the full effect of the shimmery mist.

While I was working on this card I remembered that I have some other monochromatic cards that I made for Scrap & Stamp Arts earlier in the year which I will post for you in a few days.

Merci beaucoup for visiting!!
Elizabeth 


Supplies:
Tsukineko: Silver Metallic StazOn, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz
Copic Markers
American Crafts:  Ribbon