April 1, 2011

Fishing Friends - Framed Globe Art

I couldn't resist building up this adorable image and placing it under a globe.  I thought this would be perfect for a little boy's room.


I used the medium globe kit from Globecraft Memories and cut the back plate down to fit the size of the middle frame ring.  It's so much fun having the kits so versatile so you can use them in all sorts of combinations.  

To give the frame a "leather" look, I painted the plain chipboard with Red Pepper Adirondack Acrylic paint.  To move the drying time along, I used a heat gun.  With this paint you don't have to worry about it blistering when heat is applied.  To soften the color, Vintage Photo Distress ink was pounced on top and then sprayed with Copper Sheer Shimmer Spritz.  It is hard to see in the photo, but it was then stamped with Paisley Outline in Vintage Sepia VersaFine.  The little decorative dots were made with a black glaze pen.

Here you can see all the stamped layers on the "Fishing Friends" under the dome ---


I got so caught up with all the cutting that I even made paper pieces for the patches, backpack flap, pocket, heart and the cuffs on the overalls.

To accent the water, I sprayed my pieces with GooseBumps.  I love this clear texture spray.  Not only does it give you a fabulous shine, you can still bend sprayed pieces without the texture cracking.

With the dome and reflective glare during photography, it was hard to capture the stickles on the water and the stardust gel pen on the fish scales.  It is one of those "I wish you could see this in person" projects.  I am still thinking about adding a sentiment or ribbon, but at the moment I am enjoying it "clean and simple".

To see some of my other globe art projects click here and here.

If you are interested in the supplies used or links to see images of the rubber stamps, I include those at the bottom of each of my posts.

Happy fishes,
Elizabeth


Supplies:
Globecraft Memories: Medium Traditional Oval Frame Set
Copic (markers):
Fish: RV00, RV32, YG01, YG03, YG05, YG07, YG09
Overalls: B00, B21, B23, B24
Bear: E30, E31, E33, E35, E37, R20
Flowers: G24, G28, R27, R29, R39, BV08, Y17, Y38
Backpack: T1, YG03, G12, W0
Rock: W0, W1, W2, W3, W6, W8, 110
Cup: W1, W2, W3, W6, 0
Water:  BG02, BG05, BG11, B23, B24
Tsukineko (inks):  Onyx Black VersaFine, Vintage Sepia VersaFine  
Tsukineko (other):  Jumbo Sponge Daubers, Memento Marker in Tuxedo Black, GooseBumps (clear texture spray), Copper Sheer Shimmer Spritz
Tombow:  Stamp Runner Permanent Adhesive
Sakura:  Yellow and Black Glaze Pens, Stardust Gelly Roll Pen
Ranger: Red Pepper Adirondack Acrylic Paint, Antique Photo Distress Ink, Crystal Stickles, Waterfall Stickles, Detail Fine Clear Embossing Powder
Craf-T Products: Yellow, Orange Chalks
3M Scotch: Dimensional Foam