July 11, 2011

A Little Boy's Airmail

It seems that all boys like to make paper airplanes.  I remember my brother making a few.  Some were traditional models and others were crazy designs that ended up soaring.  

Those memories were the inspiration for my card today. 



I created an assortment of embellishments from Penny Black’s transparent Airmail set and used the airplane from Keep In Touch to slip into the boy’s hand after I removed the flower bouquet.



I kept the cardstock layers in tones of browns and distressed them for a softer, antique look.  The Letter Background was stamped in Antique Linen.

I colored some pieces by water coloring and others with Copic markers.  Can you tell which is which?  My husband guessed correctly! (The answers are listed below with the products)

Your visits and comments are appreciated immensely!  Thank you so much for spending some of your time with me.

Elizabeth

Supplies:
Penny Black “Mix & Match” Cardstock: Sticks & Stones 02-002 & 02-003
Canson:  Watercolor Paper
Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine
Ranger: Antique Linen Distress Ink, Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Tombow: Dual Brush Pens (Water color for the boy)
Copic Markers: For the stamp, Airplane and two mailing sentiments