October 31, 2011

The Bare Bones

This 2-inch square miniature was a personal challenge.  I couldn’t resist the temptation of “fussy” cutting the skeleton inside the small window. 


I love the contrast of white and black and used them for my artwork and mat layers.  I threw in a little gray for shading and a pop of color with the candy corn.

All these fun, spooky images are part Penny Black’s “Halloween Treats”.  

The sentiment included in the set is curved, but I straightened it into a horizontal phrase to fit the card design.  To make the alteration, I applied temporary adhesive to my acrylic block.  When I applied the sentiment over the adhesive I twisted it slightly so it would be positioned linear.

A miniature “bare bones” card!

For more Halloween delight, have fun checking out CardMaker's special holiday post "here" (beginning at 8 am EST).

Happy Halloween,
Eliza-boo!

Supplies:
Penny Black Stamps: Halloween Treats 30-078
Penny Black Mix & Match Cardstock: Storm 01-003
Copic Markers
Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine, Clear Embossing Powder
3M Scotch: Dimensional Foam Tape