October 10, 2011

Candy Corn Goodies

In a way I think candy corn gets a bad rap.  It is bright and pretty, but most people don’t tend to choose it as their first pick when indulging in a Halloween treat.

I think I have something that might turn those tables.


I was chuckling as I made these treat bags with the little chicken “witching” a Happy Halloween and sharing some “corn”.

If you like Pay Day candy bars you’ll love this two-ingredient recipe:

Candy Corn + Dry Roasted Peanuts.  Trust me, after one bite you’ll be addicted!



To top the treat bags, a black tent card was folded over the top and two holes were punched through all the layers.  Decorative ribbon was threaded through and knotted on the back with two spider rings.  Everyone needs some spider bling right?



The bags were then turned over and the elevated artwork was positioned on the front.  This allows the recipient to reseal the package and save the topper after the treat is gobbled up.

Enjoy,
Elizabeth

Supplies:
Copic Markers
Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine, Clear Embossing Powder
3M Scotch: Dimensional Foam
Offray: Ribbon