November 28, 2011

A Polar Bear Hello & CardMaker Thank You

I enjoy my Christmas/holiday stamps so much that I look for ways to use them throughout the year. 

A little bit of altering to Bear Hug and this cheery hello was created to tuck away for a snowy winter day.


Here is the original stamp image:


For my design, I simply omitted inking Mimi before stamping.




I drew a separate signpost which I then stamped with “hello friend” in black ink.  Layering different elements with dimensional foam added depth and gave me the chance to do one of my favorite things – fussy cut!



The glittery orange background is Summer Sun cardstock lightly distressed with Pumpkin Spice VersaMagic.  After adding the highlights, Champagne Dazzle VersaMark Ink was pounced directly from the ink pad onto the cardstock.  Sparkle embossing powder was sprinkled on top and heat set.  This is an easy and inexpensive way to make your own specialty cardstocks to match any project! 

Circle Nestabilities were used for the card base.  The bottom of the card was trimmed to emphasize the linear horizontal snow line and give the upper portion the added sense of a full, warm sun.  The circular die-cut on the back of the card was scored 1 inch from the top before the decorative orange die-cut was adhered.  This eliminated having a small folded crease at the top of the card.

A special thank you to CardMaker Magazine for featuring me "here" on their blog today as a part of their "Meet the Designer" series.

Thank you for all the smiles you share with me!  

Elizabeth

Supplies:
Penny Black Stamps: Bear Hug 4188K, Hello Friend 30-069
Penny Black Mix & Match Cardstock: Summer Sun 17-003
Copic Markers
Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine, Pumpkin Spice VersaMagic, Champagne Dazzle VersaMark, Clear Embossing Powder, Sparkle Embossing Powder, Sponge Daubers
Spellbinders: Standard Circle Nestabilities
Dimensional Foam: 3M Scotch and 3-D Dots by EK Success