November 4, 2011

Two from One

While working with Little Elf Present in my previous post, I created two more cards using elements within the image.


One of the many reasons I enjoy stamping is that there is so much you can do with just one stamp!


Penny Black's Little Elf Present (40-090) was used for the elements in today's cards.




The little present is perfect for a birthday greeting.  The decorative white die-cut was left in the die and Pixie Dust ink was shaded onto the piece and then the star bursts were stamped.



I stacked two presents with dimensional foam to create the focal embellishment.   The swirls on the gift were accented with a sparkle gel pen. 



For the second card, I used the elf's fanciful legs.



A portion of a die-cut was fashioned to resemble a skirt.  The pattern was stamped with Spanish Moss ink and accented with black dots.  There was a bit of cosmetic surgery to lengthen the legs which I did freehand.

I made this custom coordinating box envelope with an acetate window for the card.


To personalized the piece, I will add the recipient's name to the "skirt" lid with die-cut letters and stamp a sentiment under the magnetic flap.

I hope you enjoy finding hidden treasures in your stamp images!

Happy Friday,
Elizabeth


Supplies: 
Penny Black Mix & Match Cardstock: Coral Reef 15-003, Blue Lagoon 09-002, Spring Meadow 06-001
3M Scotch: Dimensional Foam Tape
American Crafts: Ribbon
Avery: Jewelry Tag
Copic Markers
Spellbinders: Labels Seventeen, Labels Eighteen
Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine, Spanish Moss VersaFine, Pixie Dust VersaMagic, Clear Embossing Powder