November 15, 2010

Sending Love Around the World

Today I have an interactive card to share with you. 

The Penny Black Design Team was challenged to create a card that was decorated on the inside as well as the outside.  For my design, I decided to make the interior elements part of the exterior by incorporating a “Z” fold into the construction of the card base.


This is the closed view





And this is a view of the card fully extended.



I actually created the two interactive parts from one stamp - Royal Greetings.  I began by stamping the image twice on a separate piece of white cardstock with black Memento ink.  Before making the second impression, I carefully wiped the ink from the stamp that outlined the envelope.  Then I trimmed Mimi and her envelope from first impression and just the mailbox from the second impression. 

The scenery was created from the Xmas Snapshots transparent set and all the images throughout the card were colored with Copic markers.  The sentiment is from the Sending Love slapstick cling set.

To help visually bring more depth to the scene, I added dimensional foam behind Mimi and the mailbox.  With the mailbox elevated, the trimmed drop slot took on more depth too. 

Be sure to check out the Penny Black Blog here for more creative designs featuring cards decorated inside and out.  

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your time.  Your visits and comments always bring a smile to my day. 

Enjoy ----   

Elizabeth