December 15, 2010

A Love Song Flower

Today I have a paper art project.

This little flower was made with a scalloped circle Nestability and Penny Black's Love Song.


I stamped the watercolor paper die cut with Love Song in black VersaFine ink and heat embossed with clear powder.  Then I scored the piece into 8 equal sections and made a 1/2" cut from the outer edge on each scored line.  Water colors were randomly applied to the front and back.  The petals were then folded and curled with lots of scrunching.  (A small paintbrush handle works very well for curling.)  Once I obtained the shape, I inserted a florist wire and applied Glossy Accents in the base of the flower and squeezed it closed.  While the glue was still wet, I sprinkled pink and yellow glitters into the center.

The flower was sprayed with Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz and little water droplets were created with Glossy Accents.  

Wishing you a bouquet of good wishes.

Elizabeth