December 16, 2010

Thinking of You

This is a card that I made for the Penny Black blog.  Their theme this week was to create a non-holiday greeting using Christmas stamps.  I jumped at this challenge since I like to use all my stamps throughout the year.    

For this project, I used the holiday stamps Wherever You Are 4113K, Winter Whites & Greens 30-057, and Snow Scroll 3892K and paired them with the Thinking Around 3650F sentiment.  




Three quarters of the white card base was embossed with Swiss Dots.  The Snow Scroll was stamped with tangelo Memento ink and the small square of script is a piece of Gloss Paper that was stamped with Wherever You Are in black StazOn ink.



To create the elevated embellishment, Thinking of You was stamped twice with black VersaFine ink on white cardstock.  Using circle Nestabilities, one of the sentiments was die cut in a full circle and the second impression was die cut to produce the small ring of dots.  The ring was colored with a Copic marker (V06) and glued to a piece of acetate.  The acetate window was attached to the first image with dimensional foam.  The snowflake from Winter Whites & Greens was stamped in purple hydrangea VersaMagic and heat embossed with clear powder.  I “fussy cut” the snowflake and attached it to the top of the acetate with dimensional foam.  Crystal stickles was added for a glittery accent.

I hope this card inspires you to use your holiday stamps throughout the year.  Next week I will have a thank you card using more holiday images.

Wishing you a warm and cozy day.

Elizabeth