February 18, 2011

Baby Boy Congrats!

My admiration for artists that make baby buggies out of die-cut circles inspired me to create this card.
  



Penny Black's new "Cute As A Button" slapstick set is not only adorable but also versatile.  I like getting two different sized buttons from one stamped impression.  Even if I just need one or two at the moment, I can save the rest to customize for future embellishments.


I used a combination of Nestability circles and scallops with Penny Black's new Mix & Match cardstocks to create the card base and buggy.  The green die-cut circle was created from white cardstock and colored with Copics to match the buttons.



If you need a tag rather than a card, just sneak a loop of ribbon up at the top before you attach the front and back layers together.

Next week starting on Monday, I have a fun four-day event to share with you.  I hope you can join me. 

Enjoy your weekend,
Elizabeth

Supplies:
Penny Black Stamps:  40-052 Cute As A Button
Penny Black Mix & Match Cardstock:  Summer Sun 17-002, Periwinkle 11-001
Tsukineko:  Onyx Black VersaFine
Spellbinders:  Scallop Circles, Standard Circles
Copic Markers
Sakura:  White Gelly Pen, Black Micron Pen
3M Scotch:  Dimensional Foam Tape
Clear Embossing Powder