February 28, 2011

Fresh Flowers

As you can see, beautiful blooms have been occupying my thoughts....




For all three designs, I used the grass from Sweet Home.




The trimmed grass is elevated with dimensional foam and embellished with flowers from the "Go With Your Heart" Slapstick set.  The twine was colored with Copics to make it a bit more rustic.  


The flowers have a bit of Star Dust Stickles painted on for sparkle and the small font is from the transparent "Illuminations" set.  To create the slight dimension in the flowers, I placed them on a foam mat and pressed the centers with an embossing stylus.

After completing the thank you card, I challenged myself to use some of the bits and pieces left over to make another greeting.


This skinny card uses a scrap of green cardstock which I stamped with the grass in Spanish Moss VersaFine.  I had a little bit of trimmed grass left over from the thank you card which was elevated with dimensional foam.  The flower and sentiment are from "Mimi in Paris".  I keep a lot of white and cream ribbon on hand which I alter to match my projects.  This satin ribbon was colored with a purple Copic marker.



It's funny how something as small as a pearl can change the appearance of a flower.  This card is my favorite.

While I was cleaning up my desk, I came across one blade of grass and a single flower - perfect for an "inchie".


Sentiment from Betsy Bluebell
I must admit that I probably wouldn't have thought to make this teeny, tiny card if I hadn't been inspired by my friend Angela who posted one recently here.  I edged the card with a black Copic, but if I made it again I think I would use dark purple. 

I will be back on Wednesday with a new card and to announce the winner of the Sticky Giveaway

Smiles,
Elizabeth

Supplies:
Penny Black Mix & Match CardstockFuchsia Fantasies 13-003, Summer Sun 17-002, Spring Meadows 06-001
Tsukineko:  Onyx Black VersaFine, Spanish Moss VersaFine
Copic Markers
Tombow: Permanent Adhesive
3M Scotch:  Dimensional Foam Tape
Ranger:  Glossy Accents (used as a glue for the flowers), Star Dust Stickles
Offray:  1/8" White Satin Ribbon
Mark Richards:  Pearl Sticker Accent
Clear Embossing Powder
Twine