February 25, 2011

Little Tidbits

Hello Everyone and happy Friday.

Today is a "tidbit" kind of day with lots of little happy things to share.

It has been fabulous whirlwind of activity this week.  In addition to hosting an Easter card challenge on the Penny Black Blog, I have just returned from the CHSI convention in Birmingham, England which is similar to a CHA convention.  A very quick trip filled with lots of laughter, friends and Penny Black demonstrations!

I am busy catching up all things "crafty", but wanted to take a moment and extend a special thank you to all of you that visit my blog and leave such warm and inspiring comments.  I am honored to have you spend your time to visit.  

Recently I received some blog questions and wanted to share my responses:   

 Susan, Charlotte, NC said...
Your "fussy" cutting is so perfect. Do you recommend a particular type of scissors for this? What do you use? Always love to check in and see what you're doing. Always unique and beautiful! Thanks!  February 21, 2011 8:28 AM

Thank you for your kind comment Susan.  I use Cutter Bee Scissors.



I have had these for several years and they continue to stay extremely sharp.  I also like the small case which is handy when traveling.  I do all my "fussy" cutting with these along with an X-acto knife for very small, tiny areas. 



Eve said...
hi Elizabeth! Beautifully colored card! Would you tell us what color you used for the shades around the image?? on the pic., it looks a bit of blue??  February 22, 2011 11:02 AM

Eve's comment was in reference to the "Wishing You" card posted here.  For the light blue halo effect, I used a Tombow marker (#491) direct to paper.



Yenni Natalia said...
I love your colouring sooo much :) do you have any tutorial how to colour with tombow till create those beautiful effect? i am in love with tombow markers :)   February 23, 2011 8:21 AM

Thank you Yenni.  I would love to share my technique.  I will work on a short tutorial or video to show how I use the markers to watercolor. 

On a personal note, a Happy Anniversary to my husband who fills each and every day of my life with love, happiness and laughter.  

Enjoy your weekend,
Elizabeth