September 29, 2010

Holiday Gift Tags

I remember as a child how long it seemed to take the holidays to arrive.  Now, they seem to approach in a blink of an eye.
My good friend Judy starts making her holiday gift tags early and always has a beautiful selection to choose from when she is wrapping her gifts.  I love creating miniature items and decided to start stamping a few myself.
This pair of cling stamps called Christmas Giving had the perfect images to get me started.  Fun and quick to color! 
My first tag I wanted to be colorful with a bit of an antique touch.


The smallest piece of white cardstock was rubbed with Tim Holtz’s Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Inks with a few snowflakes from the Crystalline set stamped afterward with Antique Linen.  The distressed cardstock was matted with white and red cardstocks.  The hanging tab is a 1” inch circle with a ¼” hole.

A closer view
I stamped an extra scarf and slightly tilted it on the main image to make it appear that it is wrapped around Frosty’s neck.  Copics were used for coloring.  I also added dimensional foam between the layers and Crystal Stickles to the snowflakes.
This tag could also be made into a small tent card and used as a name plate for seating at the holiday dinner table.  Just omit inking the “to” and “from” portion of the stamp. 
Here are a few upcoming items planned for the studio----
* Tomorrow I will share a tag made with the holly leaf that is part of this cheerful set. 
* On Friday I will announce the winner of the “Halloween Blog Candy”, which there is still time to enter if you haven’t had a chance.
*World Card Making Day is this Saturday, October 2, and I have a “world” of thanks to share with you. 
Thanks for visiting the studio and have a great day.
Elizabeth