September 21, 2010

Thank You For Your Kindness!

This card is a special thank you for all of you who visited my studio for the first day of blogging.  I was overwhelmed by all the responses and your kind words made me feel so welcome.


I enjoy making cards in different shapes and sizes and this square card was the perfect fit for these die-cut Nestabilities and Penny Black stamps.  After stamping and embossing You Are Kind inside the circle, the outer edge was inked with a bit of Memento cantaloupe and matted with a green circle.

The scalloped circle was embossed with the Perfect Paisley folder and, to enhance the texture, white VersaColor ink was rubbed direct-to-paper over the design.

To add visual interest to the base of the card, the leaf portion of Simplicity was randomly stamped in cantaloupe ink.

I tinted the button with butterscotch alcohol ink to match the card and the pretty ribbon is from American Crafts. 

Thanks for your kindness and for making my first day so memorable! 

Smiles,
Elizabeth