November 8, 2010

Snow Bird

I am very excited about today's project and hope you will be too!

I came across this pattern on Jo-Ann’s website and instantly fell in love with the design.  After downloading the free pattern, I made a few alterations to the size of the wings and tail feathers.


(All stamps by Penny Black)

All the pieces were cut from French vanilla cardstock and distressed with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo inks.  Using Snow Scroll and Vintage Photo ink, I stamped a random pattern on all the distressed pieces.  I added fishing line for a hanger and sprayed the finished piece with Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz by Tsukineko.


Here is a closer view of the holly the bird is holding. 



In the sample shown on Jo-Ann’s site, the bird was holding a flower.  To transition the design more toward the upcoming holiday season, I substituted this holly leaf and berry from Thorny Affair.  A little Glossy Accents to the berry and Lime Green Stickles to the leaf added that final touch.

I think these would make lovely ornaments and plan to create a few more in different sizes for gifts.

I hope you will have time to return on Wednesday – I have a pop-up gift card holder to share with you.

Have a great day,
Elizabeth