December 10, 2010

Love Attracts

For the longest time I have been thinking about making a ribbon button.  I’ve always been intrigued by the design and today I decided to give it a go.

I put a chipboard disc with a small magnet on the backside of this gift embellishment so it could also be used on a refrigerator.  Then I started thinking how fun these would be as party favors for a little girl’s birthday celebration.  An elastic loop could easily transform this into a small bracelet.  (Or place them on hair clips and jewelry pins!)  Decorative napkin ring holders are another possibility. 




To begin, I sewed together the ends of a 14” long, 1” wide piece of white grosgrain ribbon.  To gather, I ran a basting stitch by hand around one edge making sure I had thread tails at each end to pull the stitching together.  Once gathered, I knotted and trimmed the threads.    

To add a little punch to the gathered button, I airbrushed it with a pink Copic marker.  The cute little mouse is from Penny Black’s Good Catch transparent set (**New Valentine Release**) which was stamped in black Memento ink and colored with Copics.  The white and red cardstocks were die cut with Nestabilities and the decorative dots were created with a white gel pen.

Your visits are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for viewing.

Elizabeth