January 14, 2011

Go With Your Heart - An Experiment With Ink

Sometimes my art room becomes a lab.  Mixing and blending different inks and techniques can be as much fun for me as creating a card.  Even if the idea doesn't work out, I learn so much about how various inks and products interact with one another.  

This card contains one of my experiments.


I wanted to color the peacock in a quick, colorful way so I decided to blend these inkers on a non-stick craft sheet:  Pear Tart Memento, Summer Sky Memento, Artic Ice Opalite and Frost VersaMark.  A piece of watercolor paper was then pressed into the mixture.  A small amount of heat was applied before Bright Heart was stamped in Onyx Black VersaFine.  While the impression and colored paper were still damp, I sprinkled clear embossing powder over the top.  After tapping off the excess powder and heat setting, I "fussy cut" the image.

To compliment the shiny effect on the bird, I sprayed Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz on the mat stamped with Paisley Swirls.

No two images were alike.  Depending on the amounts of each inker used and the colors combined, every mixture was a fun surprise!

Your time to visit is always appreciated.  

Elizabeth

Supplies:
Penny Black:  Bright Heart 4125K, Go With Your Heart 40-043, Paisley Swirls 40-011
Tsukineko:  Onyx Black VersaFine, Rich Cocoa Memento, Pear Tart Memento Inker, Summer Sky Memento Inker, Artic Ice Opalite Inker, Frost VersaMark Inker, Lady Bug Memento Marker, Rhubarb Stalk Memento Marker, Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz
Other: Clear Embossing Powder