April 18, 2011

Thank You

Hello Everyone.  This week I am designing for the Penny Black Blog and I am starting out with a card for their challenge theme of "thank you".



“Floral Thank You” was stamped on watercolor paper with black ink and heat embossed with clear powder.  You can eliminate the “fussy” cutting by stamping directly onto the white cardstock, but I really liked the added thickness the letters had after they were trimmed. 

The technique for the small green strip is not really new, but it has been awhile since I used it and now I remember how much I like the effect.  After stamping the petals of the flowers in green ink and heat embossing with clear powder, they were colored with a white Prismacolor pencil.  Typically I reach for a darker color, but in this instance I wanted a pattern that didn’t detract from the colorful block letters.

There is dimensional foam between the dark blue base and the light  blue cardstock which "popped" it up and added a little extra room for the twine to be wrapped around the left edge.

A special "thank you" to you for stopping by.

I will have another new card tomorrow.  Hint:  No coloring required!

Elizabeth

Supplies: 
Penny Black “Mix & Match” Cardstock:  Clear Skies 10-001, 10-003, Fern Green 05-001
Penny Black Online Store
Canson: Watercolor Paper
Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine, Spanish Moss VersaFine
Tombow: Dual Brush Pens
Prismacolor Pencil: White
3M Scotch: Dimensional Foam Tape
Sakura: Black Micron Pen
Twine