|All stamps by Penny Black|
Included in the instructions below are the inks and techniques used to makes these patterned backgrounds.
This is the mask that was used to protect the image while the background was distressed and stamped. It was made from Eclipse Tape by JudiKins. It is like having a giant "sticky note" and enables me to create repositionable masks in various sizes.
- Create a 3 ¾ x 4 ¾ top-fold card from cream cardstock. Ink the edges with Antique Linen and paper pierce around the perimeter.
- Stamp Majestic Composition on a 1 ½ x 4 ¾-inch piece of light Spring Meadow cardstock with Spanish Moss ink. Distress with Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain and Spiced Marmalade. Re-ink and stamp the background a second time in Spanish Moss over the inks. Spray with Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz.
- Mat the right-hand edge with black cardstock and adhere to the front of the card.
- Stamp Pin-Striped on a 3 ¼ x 3 ¾-inch piece of white cardstock. Trim the width down to 2 ¾ inches allowing the petals to overhand the edges.
- Color with Staedtler Ergosoft Pencils. Use the white pencil to help blend the colors as well as a dry blending stump.
- Stamp Pin-Striped on Eclipse Tape and trim to create a mask. (See photo above) Place over the colored image.
- Distress the edges with Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain inks.
- Stamp Letter Background with Vintage Photo ink. Remove the mask.
- Mat with light Grand Canyon and Black cardstocks.
- Attach the matted artwork to the front of the card with dimensional foam.
- Accent the stamens with a white gel pen and crystal stickles.
- Stamp Cute as a Button on white cardstock with black ink and heat emboss with clear powder.
- Color button with a light tan pencil and add copper and ruby metallic rub-ons.
- Pierce holes and coat with Sepia Accents.
- When dry, lightly add Stone Grey StazOn to mute the shine and add thread through the holes.
- Attach with glue dots.
Today I would like to send hugs to Cathy Fong and Virginia Lu for their continuous RAK's (Random Acts of Kindness). They are extremely talented women who generously share their inspiration and highlight fellow artists. Thank you Cathy and Virginia!!
More special thanks to friends and readers who visit my blog. I appreciate the time that you spend with me and your thoughtful comments!
Penny Black Stamps: Pin-Striped 4161K, Majestic Composition 40-049, Cute As A Button 40-052, Letter Background 1999L
Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine, Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz, Stone Grey StazOn, Jumbo Daubers
Ranger: Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Spiced Marmalade, Crystal Stickles, Sepia Accents
3M Scotch: Dimensional Foam Tape
Tombow: Stamp Runner Permanent Adhesive
Sakura: White Gel Pen
Craf-T Products: Metallic Rub-Ons