It’s National Scrapbooking Day and the Penny Black Design Team is celebrating the occasion with a wonderful selection of monochromatic cards and a twenty-four hour challenge with spectacular prize packages!
These gorgeous stamps are from their new Touch of Whimsy catalog.
- Create a 3 ¼ x 5 ½-inch top-folded card base from white cardstock.
- Stamp dots in orchid pearlescent on a 1 7/8 x 3 ¼-inch piece of white cardstock and a 4 x 3 ¼-inch piece of light rose cardstock.
- Dry emboss the stamped white cardstock with Swiss Dots.
- Adhere the pieces to the prepared card base letting the light rose overlap the embossed white.
- Glue a 1/8 x 3 ¼-inch strip of medium rose cardstock across the top edge of the light rose mat.
- On a separate piece of white cardstock, stamp the flower three times with black pigment ink and heat emboss with clear powder.
- Color the flowers and trim.
- Layer the flowers with dimensional foam and accent the center with beads dyed with alcohol inks. (Place a drop of wild plum and three or four drops of the pearl in a small plastic bag, add beads and “smoosch” together. Place the beads on a non-stick craft sheet to dry.)
- After the beads are glued to the flower with Glossy Accents, fill in the remaining areas with crystal stickles.
- Stamp the sentiment in black pigment ink and heat emboss with clear powder in the lower portion of a die-cut circle. Ink the edges with the R85 Copic marker.
- Trim a small portion from the top of the circle so it can be nestled between the layers of the petals on the flower.
- Attach the decorative embellishment to the front of the card with dimensional foam.
Whether your day is filled with scrapbooking, rubber stamping, card making or maybe little a little of each, have a spectacular day!
Penny Black Mix & Match Cardstock: Rose Garden 14-001, 14-002
Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine, Orchid Pearlescent Brilliance
Copic Markers: R0000, R83, R85
Ranger: Wild Plum Alcohol Ink, Pearl Mixatives Alcohol Ink, Glossy Accents, Crystal Stickles
Provo Craft: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Tombow: Stamp Runner Permanent Adhesive
3M Scotch: Dimensional Foam
Spellbinders: 2 ½” Circle Nestability
White Seed Beads