May 27, 2011

Tagged With Love

A friend recently asked me about my creative process and how I approach creating my artwork.  After some thought, I realized that I don’t have a “set” approach and it can vary from wanting to use a specific color, design or shape to building it around a sentiment or phrase.

This little tag/card is the perfect example of that “no-approach” approach.


From the moment I saw this little dog as a part of Every Pet’s Dream I knew that I wanted to use him in such a way that he would be the focal point.  From there, everything else just fell into place.

The tag/card was scaled down to compliment the size of the stamped image.  With images from the Airmail set, I added the “to” salutation and used the bar code to make a semi-enclosed dimensional platform. 




These are the “behind the scene” images used to create the elevated artwork that disguise the dimensional foam.



The “pegs” on the bottom of the dog’s feet allow the image to be attached to the platform and serve as a base for the final artwork.  You could use just the one image, but I like the added thickness of the two stacked on top of each other.

The base of the card is built by cutting two pieces of white cardstock that measure 2 ¼ x 3 ½.  The back piece is scored  ¾-inch from the top.  When the two pieces of cardstock are being adhered together a small jewelry tag is inserted into the seam.  The twine is from a shipping tag that was colored with a Copic marker.



Those little “o’s” in the words love were the perfect size to place a crystal gemstone!

I hope all of you are tagged with love today.

I will be back on Tuesday with some graduation cards.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend,

Elizabeth

Supplies:
Penny Black “Mix & Match” Cardstock:  Olive Grove 04-001
Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine
Ranger: Peeled Paint Distress Ink, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, Super Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder, Crystal Stickles (bow), Glossy Accents (adhesive for small areas)
Copic Markers
3M Scotch:  Dimensional Foam Tape
Mark Richards: Crystal Gemstones    
Avery: Jewelry Tag