Sometimes the random application of inks and stamping can yield a quick yet deceptively intricate card.
A few Distress Inks applied to a non-stick craft sheet and misted with water provided an instant palette of color to cover the stamped cardstock.
To give the panels an elegant finish, they were pounced with VersaMark Watermark ink and heat embossed with clear powder.
Add an elevated sentiment with brads and you have a finished card!
- Randomly stamp Butterfly Suite on a 3 ½ x 4 ½-inch piece of watercolor paper with Jet Black StazOn ink.
- Rub three colors of Distress Ink (Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint, Spicy Marmalade) next to each other on a non-stick craft sheet and mist with water.
- Press the stamped artwork into the inks rotating after each impression to cover the surface. A heat tool can be used to speed the drying time and also move puddles of ink into interesting patterns.
- Cut into three panels. Cover each panel with VersaMark Watermark Ink. Sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set. Edge each panel with Gold Metallic StazOn.
- Mounting the panels to a 3 ½ x 4 5/8-inch piece of watercolor paper helps space the panels evenly and provides a single surface to apply the sentiment banner.
- Stamp the sentiment with black pigment ink and heat emboss with clear powder. Edge with gold ink. Apply dimensional foam to the center of the sentiment and adhere to the panel. Add a brad at each end through all the cardstock layers and secure.
- Attach the artwork with dimensional foam to a 3 7/8 x 5-inch card base that has been edged in Antique Linen Distress Ink.
I can’t express enough how much I appreciate the time you spend with me!! I hope you are inspired to “smoosh” some ink today.
Thank you for visiting,
Canson 140 lb. Watercolor Paper
Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine, VersaMark Watermark Ink, Jet Black StazOn, Gold Metallic StazOn
Ranger: Antique Linen Distress Ink, Dusty Concord Distress Ink, Peeled Paint Distress Ink, Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink, Super Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder
3M Scotch: Dimensional Foam Tape
Creative Impressions: 2 Micro Round Fasteners