This little holiday greeting is from Mimi who is helping me host the Penny Black Blog today.
When I saw this sentiment in the new transparent set “Christmas Express” I knew I had to use it with Mimi holding that large envelope.
Here you can see some of the layers I incorporated into the design.
I cut extras of the holly, envelope flap and presents. After building the design, the entire image was elevated with a snow base on top of a frame created from the Airmail set.
With the instructions I have also included a few tips/hints as well as different techniques for affixing layers.
- Create a 2 5/8 x 3 ½-inch top-fold card from white cardstock and set aside.
- Stamp the frame with black ink on white cardstock and heat emboss with clear powder. Rub Aegean Blue VersaMagic inside the frame and color the scallops with Copics. Randomly draw tiny circles for snow and color with a white gel pen. Attach to the front of the prepared card. (Tip/Hint: Before attaching to the front of the card, color the back side of the scallops with a red PITT pen. The scallops that overhang the card base will be a festive red when viewed from the back. Also, the PITT pen will not bleed through and distort the Copic coloring.)
- Stamp “From Mimi” on white cardstock with black ink twice (re-inking after the first impression) and heat emboss both images with clear powder. Color with Copics and trim one full image. From the second image trim the holly, envelope flap and presents.
- Several different gluing techniques were used to attach the elements to achieve height variances throughout the design. The holly was attached with glue just under the berries. The envelope flap has glue along the top edge and a small pop dot under the pointed flap. The presents were applied with dimensional foam.
- The small snow base was drawn by hand and the sentiment was stamped with black ink and heat embossed with clear powder.
- After attaching Mimi to the snow base with glue, the entire image was attached to the front of the card with dimensional foam.
- Crystal Stickles were applied to the hat brim and pompom. While wet, micro fine crystal glitter was sprinkled on top and the excess was tapped off. Christmas Red Stickles were used to accent the berries. (Tip/Hint: Work with the micro fine glitter first. This will eliminate the possibility of glitter sticking to the berries when the excess is tapped off.)
- The snow dots were accented with Crystal Stickles as well.
Looking forward to seeing you on Monday. I have a "BIG HUG" to share with you!
Have a fabulous Labor Day weekend,
Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine, Aegean Blue VersaMagic
Faber-Castell: Big Brush PITT Artist Pen (Deep Scarlet Red – #219)
Sakura: White Gel Pen
Ranger: Crystal Stickles, Christmas Red Stickles, Superfine Detail Clear Embossing Powder
Other: Micro fine Crystal Glitter