September 26, 2011

Envelope Art & Blog Candy Winner

Hello Everyone!

Today is the day to announce the winner of my Halloween blog candy.  As you may recall from the original post, I will also be including a tiny card with the rubber stamp.

I started thinking that I just couldn’t send the card to the winner “naked” and it needed an envelope.


Since this was a small card and I didn’t have a template for this particular shape, I created a pocket envelope.

A 3 ½ x 5 ¼-inch piece of white cardstock was distressed with Weathered Wood Distress then stamped with Creepy Crawlies in black.  To add some contrast, Dusty Concord Distress was randomly applied to the webs.  The whole piece was then sprayed with Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz.


The piece was then placed horizontally and scored at 1 3/8” and 4 ¼” from the left edge.   After the flaps were folded, adhesive was placed on the sides of the larger bottom section to create the envelope pocket.  The top flap was trimmed with decorative scissors and a decorative button was attached.  I didn’t have a matching button or beads so I dyed what I had on hand with Eggplant Alcohol ink to match the project.


Once the button was attached, I added a second piece of string with beads to be used as a closure apparatus.  This longer string is anchored underneath the button.  The string can then be wrapped around the envelope and looped around the button to keep the flap closed.  Other variations for closures could be Velcro, magnetic clasp, snap or temporary adhesive.




I think I have drawn out the suspense long enough.  Drum roll please…..


The winner is:

Enter a lower limit: 
Enter an upper limit: 
   
Random Number:
Congratulations Brenda (Infinite Possibilities)!

Please contact me at elizabeth.a.allan@gmail.com with your mailing address and I will pop the “Horror Team” in the mail to you so you can start stamping right away! 

Thank you to everyone who participated by leaving such fun and thoughtful comments.

With appreciation,
Elizabeth

Supplies:
Penny Black Stamps: Creepy Crawlies 40-069
Tsukineko: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz, Sponge Daubers
Ranger: Weathered Wood Distress Ink, Dusty Concord Distress Ink, Eggplant Adirondack Alcohol Ink
Other: Black String, Button, Small Beads