For the next two weeks, the Penny Black Blog is having a Spring Fling! Each day a different design team member will be showcasing a new spring card or project.
Today I am hosting the event “here” with these shabby chic flowers.
To make this bouquet of good wishes:
- Die cut three scalloped circles from watercolor paper. (Small, medium, large)
- Stamp “Flower Garden” with Tuxedo Black Memento ink on the scalloped circles.
- Punch a small hole in the center of each circle and cut small slits from the outer edges toward the center.
- Spray pieces with Tsukineko's Fireworks Craft Spray. Let dry slightly.
- Bend the cut tabs to create petals.
- Secure a black bead at the end of a florist wire.
- Thread the components (from smallest to largest) onto the wire adding a small drop of glue around the wire between each segment. (One flower will be completed at this point. Repeat as desired for additional flowers.)
- Wrap stems/wires with twill tape distressed with Peanut Brittle and Olive Grove Memento inks.
- Accent with a pink silk ribbon aged with Peanut Brittle Memento ink and a sentiment.
Have a beautiful day,
Canson: Watercolor Paper
Spellbinders: Classic Scalloped Circles (Large & Small)
Tsukineko: Tuxedo Black Memento, Peanut Brittle Memento, Olive Grove Memento, Fireworks Craft Spray: Lilac Posies, Rose Bud, Tangelo, Angel Pink, Cantaloupe, Pear Tart, Summer Sky
Other: Florist Wire, Black Beads, Pink Silk Ribbon, Twill Tape