From past posts you can see how much I have enjoyed working with Penny Black’s new transparent set called “Puzzle Parts”. Today on the Penny Black Blog it is the featured sneak peek.
Two of the four Puzzle Parts were paired with a section of the NEW background stamp “Floral Thread”. Whether this flower pattern is used to cover the front of a card or for bits and pieces as seen “here”, this background is definitely versatile. The design also allows you to use many stamping techniques for fabulous variations.
Here is a quick overview of how the components were created….
- Top-folded card created from white cardstock was edged with Crimson Red VersaFine.
- The paper on the lower half of the card is Coral Reef cardstock stamped with Puzzle Parts in Crimson Red VersaFine. The same ink color was used to soften the edges.
- Floral Thread was stamped on white cardstock with Elderberry Memento ink. TIP/HINT: Deep purple and rich chocolate inks offer nice variations from black ink. They lend a crisp contrast with a touch of softness.
- The design was colored with Copic markers and then Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spritz was painted over the flowers to add a glittery effect.
- Puzzle Parts was stamped on Blue Lagoon cardstock with Teal Zeal Memento and trimmed. The decorative strip was attached to the floral background and elevated on the card with dimensional foam.
- The sentiment from So Blessed was stamped on a Spellbinders Label Ten edged with Crimson Red VersaFine. Faux brads were created with a black glaze pen.
Thank you for visiting,
Penny Black Mix & Match Cardstock: Storm 01-001, Blue Lagoon 09-003, Coral Reef 15-003
3M Scotch: Dimensional Foam
Sakura: Black Glaze Pen
Spellbinders: Labels Ten (S5-022)
Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine, Crimson Red VersaFine, Teal Zeal Memento, Elderberry Memento, Tuxedo Black Memento Marker, Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spritz, Clear Embossing Powder, Sponge Daubers