Here today with Penny Black’s new Christmas Kiss…..
It was so much fun pairing her with the designer papers from the new 6 x 6 Madison paper pad!
- Create a 3 7/8 x 4 ½ top-fold card from white cardstock. Cover the front with a piece of red patterned paper from the Madison designer paper pad and distress the edges with Love Letter and Espresso Memento inks.
- Cut a 3 ½ x 4 1/8 piece of blue snowflake paper from the Madison paper pad and distress the edges with Peanut Brittle Memento. Stitch onto a 3 5/8 x 4 ¼ piece of Sticks & Stones (02-003) cardstock. Attach to the front of the prepared card with dimensional foam. Accent the snowflakes with a sparkle gel pen.
- Stamp Christmas Kiss on white cardstock with Onyx Black VersaFine and heat emboss with clear powder. (Optional: Repeat this step two more times for an extra Christmas bulb, dress and holly for dimensional layering.) Stamp the sentiment “Merry & Bright” in the center of the bulb with Onyx Black VersaFine and heat emboss with clear powder.
- Color the stamped images with Copics then trim with scissors. Add additional layering components if desired.
- Attach the trimmed image to the front of the card with dimensional foam.
- Accent the lower left corner with three pearls.
TIP/HINT I: Replace difficult to trim stamp components, such as bulb hangers, with wire tinted with StazOn.
TIP/HINT II: Paper pierce evenly spaced holes and hand sew with thread for an alternative to machine stitching.
TIP/HINT III: When stitching two pieces of cardstock/paper, place a small amount adhesive in the center to keep the pieces from shifting yet away from the perimeter. This will keep the needle from becoming sticky while sewing.
Be sure to check out the Penny Black Blog to see more new stamps being showcased during the week!
Have a merry and bright day,
Penny Black Papers: Madison Designer Paper Pad 80-001
Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine, Love Letter Memento, Peanut Brittle Memento, Espresso Memento, Jet Black StazOn, Clear Embossing Powder, Sponge Daubers
Mark Richards: Pearl Stickers
Sakura: Sparkle Gel Pen
Other: Silver Wire, Needle and Thread