March 18, 2013

Color Blocking with PanPastels

I have read a lot about PanPastels, but nothing prepared me for the exquisite blending properties until I actually had a chance to work with the chalks.

 So Fun

I set up a card design that required a block to be masked off and began adding Orange and Diarylide Yellow PanPastels with Sofft Art Sponges.  The instantaneous color was fabulous and it was extremely easy to seamlessly blend the two.

DSC04456

Another wonderful feature was the ability to remove the chalk. After detaching the masks, I had one or two spots that I was able to define and sharpen with a slight brush of an eraser.  A quick spray of fixative and the piece was ready for the sentiment (Friendship) to be stamped in black.  After matting the artwork with Rose Garden cardstock and embellishing it with a bit of ribbon, it was attached with dimensional foam to a card blank stamped with dots (Dots in Space) in Wheat VersaMagic.

I am looking forward to all the possibilities of working with PanPastels in my mixed media projects as well!

If you are looking for more creative inspiration using PanPastels, please check out their website "here" or their Mixed Media Studio on Facebook "here".

Have a great day,
Elizabeth

Supplies:
Penny Black Stamps:  Friendship 30-160, Dots in Space 40-144
Penny Black Mix & Match Cardstock: Storm 01-001, Rose Garden 14-003
American Crafts: Ribbon
Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine, Wheat VersaMagic
PanPastels(Colorfin): Orange, Diarylide Yellow, Sofft Art Sponges
Other: Yellow Brad, Dimensional Foam Tape

For questions and/or comments, please feel free to e-mail me at:  elizabeth.a.allan@gmail.com