October 7, 2010

Poinsettia Possibilities



One of the many things I enjoy about rubber stamping is all the possibilities it offers.  Whether it is using the stamped image in its entirety or creating designs from parts of the image, I like to challenge myself to use my stamps in different ways.    

When I started playing with this poinsettia stamp called Christmas Star from Penny Black, I was flooded with an array of ideas of how to use the image throughout the year.

I know I will have this stamp out during the holidays and thought that would be the perfect time to create some thank you cards.   




The center of the poinsettia is created by coloring a jumbo brad with a Sharpie and coating it with a layer of Glossy Accents and glitter.



 Here I turned it into a palm tree for a summer greeting. 


(Sentiment from Beach Day 30-051)



I was thinking of a water lily when I made this one.  I use this sentiment a lot as it can be a general “happy wish” to brighten someone’s day or used for a birthday greeting.



This is a closer view of how I arranged the leaves to create the flower.



(Sentiment from: Say it in Flowers 20-015)

All the images were colored with Copic markers and highlights were added with a white gel pen.

Enjoy exploring the possibilities of your stamps.

If you haven't had a chance to check out the latest contest at Penny Black make sure to stop by their blog.  They are offering one of their biggest prizes ever - $100 in Penny Black stamps!

Have a great day,
Elizabeth