July 22, 2011

Quick Copic Background

Thank you to everyone who stopped by the Penny Black booth during the CHA Convention in Chicago.  The days flew by and were filled with non-stop color and laughter.

To end this week, I thought it would be fun to share how I create patterned papers with Copic markers.


If you are thinking that making this paper might be too involved – keep reading!  I am almost embarrassed to tell you how fast you can do this! 

Simply stamp your design on colored cardstock with VersaMark Watermark ink and heat emboss with white powder.  Here I used Penny Black’s Fern Green (05-002).

Then add color with Copics! 

Yes, those are the full instructions!

A couple things to keep in mind are:

*Don’t worry about being precise.  Have fun with it!

*Don’t worry about coloring in and around the whole design.  The colored cardstock starts you out with a base color.  You just need to add highlights.  This is the fast factor.

*Remember that Copics will discolor the white embossing.  I colored the insides of the flower petals and leaves, but left the outline white.  Again, don’t worry if you accidentally color over a line – I did in several places!  I even randomly threw in some orange here and there.

I am going to reveal another deceiving factor.  While this looks like a full stamped sheet, I only stamped around the perimeter of the cardstock.  If you were to lift up the matted sentiment panel you would find an unstamped, blank middle.  Another time saver!

Here is a closer view of the popped up bunny and elegant sentiment with crystal gem embellishments.


I also tore the orange strip of paper to reveal a white edge and compliment the white embossed design.

These are a few strips that were left over after I trimmed my piece to fit on the front of the card.  They make great envelope trimmings.



I know I say this often, but it is said each and every time with heartfelt gratitude – THANK YOU FOR VISITING!

With appreciation,
Elizabeth

Supplies:
Penny Black Mix & Match Cardstock:  Fern Green 05-002
Tsukineko:  Onyx Black VersaFine, VersaMark Watermark Ink, White Embossing Powder
Ranger:  Super Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder (used for sentiment and bunny)
Copic Markers (blue, green, orange)