July 25, 2011

Paint the Town & CHA Picture

This “fat cat” from Penny Black has so much personality.  I love working with him. 



After water coloring the image with Staedtler’s Marsgraphic Duo Brush Markers, I trimmed and elevated the cat with dimensional foam.

The blue swish across “birthday” was created with a cotton ball and blue chalk and the wonky rectangle was attached to the front of the card with more foam.


Inking only the paint can and paw prints, I stamped the inside of the card.

This cat makes me smile so much that I had to make another card with him that I will post on Wednesday!

I thought you would like to take a peek at the Penny Black booth at the CHA convention held in Chicago last week.


The tables on the left and right are where the newest Christmas catalogs were on display and retailers could browse through the wonderful designs.  Just beyond that, where I was standing to take the picture, is where the make-n-take table was positioned.  You'll be seeing the designs in more detail as they are released on the Penny Black website.  Many thanks to all those who stopped by to say hello and share a hug!

Have a great day,
Elizabeth

Supplies:
Penny Black Stamps: Paint the Town 30-070
Penny Black “Mix & Match” Cardstock: Clear Skies 10-003
Canson:  Watercolor Paper
Spellbinders: Reverse Wonky Rectangles (S4-307)
Staedtler-Mars, Ltd:  Marsgraphic Duo Watercolor Brush Markers (#21, #37, #76)
Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine
Ranger:  Super Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder
3M Scotch: Dimensional Foam Tape
Ribbon:  Offray
Blue Chalk